Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Start of My Climb...

Greetings! My name is Michael, and I wanted to start my blog for several reasons:

1.) I wanted to immerse myself among fellow pursuers of the Physician Assistant programs/occupation, and those who've succeeded.

2.) Share with you my credentials and the hurdles I will encounter achieving my dream.

3.) Answer questions to the best of my knowledge, and to be inquisitive for myself and others.

4.) Listen and share ideas about shadowing, gaining professional experience, and growing a readiness for the program into which I'm accepted.

5.) Most importantly, I'm going to smile along the way!! :)


So currently I feel my life is in turmoil!  I applied to 7 programs, and I haven't heard anything except 3 denials. I have visited my #1 pick on numerous occasions. The program advisor knows me very well, by my first and last name. I really thought I would "at least" get an interview. I still have until the end of February, but  I was told that the class I applied for is already over halfway full.  The advisor has even asked if I want to continue to pursue the application process. I have exceptional mentors who are rooting for me. So now, since time is closing out on the application process it's time to start reflecting on my areas of improvement. Let's face it, if I were that great of an applicant I would have received an interview right? Well, honestly I know that I am at least an equivalent amongst those who get in. Over my 4 yr degree I have accomplished tons, and have been recognized by several professional organizations to my credit.  So, If I don't get in this year what is it that I need to build upon?  I want to analyze areas that need some fortitude! First,  I want to share what I've done so far in terms of GPA, hands on experience, shadowing, letters of recommendations, and distinguished recognitions...

2 comments:

  1. Great start to your blogging process. I just got accepted this year, so hold out hope. You will get there! Looking forward to the rest of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks DirtyW! Big Congrats on your success! Keep me in the loop of your experience in PA School:)

    ReplyDelete