Thursday, January 19, 2012

Compare And Contrast...

PA News Update!


" With the ceremonial swearing in of the 112th Congress on Capitol Hill Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011, the PA profession saw the first PA take a seat in the People's House.
U.S. Rep. Karen Bass, D-Calif., and other members of the new class of congressional freshmen took the oath of office from new House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio. After the event, the U.S. House of Representatives conducted the first votes of the 112th Congress." - American Academy of Physician Assistants.

   I would one day like to be part of the PA time, just like Karen Bass has recently. She fights for the access of care in California, and has made a significant impact in both today's and tomorrow's PA society.

** This is something that I would like to speak of given the opportunity for an interview, showing I'm up to date with current events in the occupation. I've known about this for almost  a year now, but I figured I'd put this on here just in case anyone didn't know. Again, a good topic for your interviews! aapa.org


A Foot In Front Of The Other!


   So I've been doing some homework on this whole community college thing, and spoke with a few professors at my university. Apparently, the importance of taking anatomy/physiology at the university is greater because they say they go more in depth with the human cadaver. So, I guess I'm going to have to take 300 and 310 at my university. I don't know how I'm going to take both if I already missed a semester though!?! Grrrrr.....:)

A Warriors' POA (Plan of Action)!


  So, I've decided that since I don't have a chance to start school this semester, I'm going to plan for this summer and fall. First-things-first, I want to make this semester just as productive.

My POA:

- I've already taken the MAT, which was an optional test for my #1 pick. I'm going to take the GRE, and expand my horizons, and take it early so I can re-take if need be.


- I'm going to continue to accumalate CEU's and register to take the National Registry EMT-B Exam. I think getting this will give them a sign that says I'm more competent on an academic standard, comparative to just a state license.


- I want to instruct a minimum of 5 AHA BLS courses this semester, and work on a good clientele to continue classes later in the year.

- Also, stay fresh with the PA's that have given their valuable time in the past to shadow.



Quote: " My Vision is 20/20, I see opportunity in the challenge"...

No comments:

Post a Comment