Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally It's Here!! The 1st Day of School!!!

Ya know, the day was strenous, in only that the information was a lot.  The information in general wasn't that hard.  It was interesting to finally get a course load, and I think my classmates were happy with the day as well.  I spoke with several of them, and the concensus is that it's do able.  I'm very excited to start though, and the day was a bit tiresome because we sat in Anat. for 8 hrs!! lol  The professors were cool and easy going.  After the day was over though I can't lie, I hit the bed for an hr! Haha, it freaking drained me!  My fellow classmates can concur, and most of them shot off to the library to attempt to retain the material, some went to the gym,  and some went home.  I myself, went to the YMCA in the Medical Center for about 45 minutes, got home, showered and cooked.  I attempted to lay down for about 45 mins, but had to call family to inform them about my day. 

From about 8pm onward I studied, and today in lecture we went over the vertebrae with the nervous system intertwined throughout it.  There is a lot to know already, and tomorrow we are already going to the NEXT subject! Haha, the shoulders!  It's like Mach 2 on the European Audoban. 

My studying mostly consist of lecturing myself aloud on a dry-erase board.  It's a great way to retain the material because if you can teach it, then you have learned it.  Although, it is silly thinking about how I'm talking to myself aloud.  Maybe an invisible patient could work for imaginative purposes! lol


Here's the thing though, for my followers and future PA-C students,  you have to remember that we are here as students a couple reasons.

1.) We WANT to be here.  We are passionate, dedicated, and fortified by our inner spirits to improve the human condition.  All 45 of us have the vision of becoming a PA-C!

2.)  The faculty and staff know what they are doing when it comes to selection.  They wouldn't have selected you as a student hadn't they known your potential to handle to program.

So, for those of you that are worried about the intensity of the program, just remember " Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever. " In all actuality, 27 months will seriously fly, especially when your so busy.  This material isn't nuclear phyics, and with that being said, all you need is the " Eye of The Tiger " to climb the mountain. 

The heat will crank up in the kitchen of PA school I'm sure, but I don't think I'm understating the program because I've spoken with numerous 2nd yr students who have been through it all.  They all have the same advice, and that is to complete the 1st semester successfully, even though tough, and you will be fine the rest of the forth coming semesters. 

" Attitude is everything, pick a good one. "

Michael S. Hill PA-S

No comments:

Post a Comment