Thursday, August 9, 2012

Coming Close To The Beginning....

         Well, I am excatly 10 days out from the beginning of my journey to becoming a PA.  I'm both anxious and nervous because there will be  soo much to learn!  In 2 yrs I will be practicing with 3rd and 4th yr medical students, and that's difficult to grasp that concept.  There will be loads of information blasted my way, I ran into a 1 st yr student of the program, and she described it as standing in a hurricane, and I think I stated this already, but since time is nearing it is becoming more and more surreal.
         Exactly 9 days ago though I was playing a local soccer match, and hurt my left knee.  I made an appt. with my PCP, and we ruled out a fx luckily.  It has taken some time now to heal, but I'm glad that I will not need surgery.  The injury has put a damner on all physical activity to include fishing, which I love to do.  I brought my kayak, and now I won't even have the opportunity to use it.  So I'm kinda down about that.
          I have talked to one of my classmates over the phone, as he wanted to just get in touch and make sure our rendevouz for a meet n greet were still set, and in a wk I will be attending.  I'm really ready to start making connections with my classmates and  to begin a strong friendship between everyone.  The program has a saying, there are no " Islands ", which basically means there is no " I " in " Team ". 
        We made a FB group and have over half the class on board, but there is still about 10 or so that have not joined, so I'm assuming they don't have an account with FB. 
         Again, I have spent some time hear and there skimming through my A&P book familiarizing myself with basic concepts so it hopefully lessens the strains when crunch time starts!  I know for a fact that I will be typing away at this blog when school starts, and I will fill you in on the goods throughout the program.

" You miss All the Shots you don't take "

No comments:

Post a Comment